Mohawk-Hudson Council of Yacht Clubs (M-H Council)
We welcome you to dock your boat, join in our events, and use our services! Better yet, become a member of one of our 20 boat clubs!
We welcome and serve any kind of motorized, sail, and paddle powered boat traveling through our region;
We promote Boater Courtesy, Boater Safety and Boater Goodwill;
Many clubs offer fuel; dockage; supplies; meals; and access to repair services, shopping and restaurants;
Our 20 boat clubs sponsor a season full of fun events, from Striped Bass Fishing Derbies to concerts, dances, open houses, entertainment, children’s activities, and BBQs!
Our Members have direct access to the boating industry, river police agencies, legislative initiatives, community involvement and local history through regular speakers and ongoing interactions.
Each of the 20 boat clubs that make up the Mohawk-Hudson Council of Yacht Clubs enthusiastically welcome new members to become part of and enjoy the benefits of camaraderie, activities, and services that they offer.
The best, most fun, & safest way to boat on these unique upstate waterways is to become part of a boating family by joining one of our 20 clubs.
We are allied with the Hudson River Boat and Yacht Club Association with 3500 members and its 33 clubs along the lower Hudson River.
Hudson River Boat & Yacht Club Association
The Hudson River Boat & Yacht Club Association, Inc. (HRBYCA) was established in April 1975 and incorporated in the State of New York on March 16, 1999, and qualified with the IRS in 2005 as a not-for-profit business league.
It was organized as an advocate for the more than 5,000 boaters of our 33 member clubs and for the purpose of:
- Maintaining a constant study of all things pertinent to the boating lifestyle, other recreational use of the Hudson River and improving conditions thereon;
- Promoting increased inter-club activity among various clubs on the Hudson River;
- Encouraging and furthering education relative to boating, navigation and boater safety;
- Cooperating with all government agencies concerned with the management and regulation of the Hudson River;
- And with boating matters in general